Communicate Your Value With Hiring Authorities
You not only need to know what you are good at and enjoy doing, but you also need to know how to articulate your value to hiring authorities. Hiring authorities have heard from everyone they are hard workers, but what they really want to know is how you will leverage your experience and skills to help their organizations reach their goals.
Jan will discuss three ways to communicate your value and passion.
- Know what you are good at doing and enjoy doing
- Explain to the company what unique value you bring
- Work in an industry or opportunity you are passionate about
Presenter: Jan Makela
I experience first hand using strengths. I lead a group that put over 650 people in our organization through Strengthfinder and I know not only how well it can work and the tangible results, In addition, I know the problems that can arise when Strengths are implemented without clear communication. I am a former U.S. Army company commander and I enjoy helping Veterans find and take advantage of their strengths. As a strength coach, I have worked with nonprofit, government agencies as well as for-profit organizations.
I have coached individuals for career success and finding out what they do best and helping them discover their own unique talents. I wrote the book Cracking the Code to Success with Brian Tracy and in that book I wrote a chapter titled “Be the Manager People Won’t Leave”. Much of that chapter comes from my experience managing people, my strength training and my experiences with Gallup. I look forward to helping your organization reach new levels of success:
- Author of the Amazon published top-selling book Be The Manager People Won’t Leave.
- Teach management topics from the perspective of strength-based leadership.
- I am featured in Forbes Magazine, USA Today and over 40 newspapers, business journals, and magazines.
- Winner of the Quilly Award by National Association of Outstanding Authors & Speakers, for the book I wrote Cracking The Code To Success with Brian Tracy.
I will make a difference in all levels of your organization. I strongly believe in building on strengths and coaching employees to success. Best known for my solid track record of increasing profitability by improving employee engagement and job performance through strengths-based leadership.