Know Where You Want to Be in 5, 10, and 15 years
There are two things you need to lock down before you even start your career. You need to know what your strengths and weaknesses are and you need to know what your end goals are You need to know what responsibilities and positions you’d like to have so you can begin to prepare yourself for them. Analia will share tips and strategies that will help you leverage this knowledge to get where you want to be faster with minimal mistakes.
Analia will get you thinking about critical career launching strategies.
- Start with an end goal in mind.
- Be aware of your Strengths and understand how to use them to advance in your new job.
- Be open and willing to listen to all that you interact with the first 30-60-90 days of your new job.
Presenter: Analia Mendez
Analia Mendez began her career as a student affair professional at San Francisco State University when she became a Program Coordinator for the Health Careers Opportunity Program a Health Resources & Services Administration (1M) federal program in 2001.
Since then, she has held leadership positions in seven higher education institutions throughout the country and has designed and institutionalized award-winning programs that have helped thousands of students and professionals reach their career goals. Analia has served as a career expert speaker for the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Conference + Expo 2017 and for U.S. News & World Report STEM Solutions Presents: Workforce of Tomorrow Conference in 2017. Most recently besides being a mom, entrepreneur and the Director of Career Education and Advising with UC San Diego, she was featured as a Woman of Distinction on the San Diego Woman Magazine and she was invited by Paul Allen founder of Ancestry.com to be the Soar Evangelist for Soar.com.
Since having earned a B.A. in Psychology and an M.S. in Counseling from San Francisco State University, it has been her desire to inspire students, career changers and military services members and be a catalyst for their career growth and future endeavors.
- I understand that the job search can be very frustrating with no end in sight and if you are a career changer the thought of pivoting into a new career cannot only be frightening because of the unknown, but because you have already invested money, time and energy into a career that you thought would be part of who you are for years to come.
- I know what that’s like…I have moved from one end of the country to another, as my spouse proudly served in the USMC. I understand your frustrations, but I also know that there is a bright path ahead of you. Your strengths and the skills you have gained can be transferred into a new career or job that is just as fulfilling. Let me help you create a plan that includes your most valuable strengths and skill-sets, as you embark on a journey to fulfill your career goals.
- I am a dynamic certified Strengths Coach with the ability to have a vision for my clients and implement it through the use of my formal education and passion for helping people reach their career goals. I have over 17+ years of experience coaching thousands of people through difficult life-changing transitions through my private practice and professional experience working with the public in formal educational settings. My experience includes working with a U.S. Department of Labor contractor to deliver the career transition course for military service members and coaching C-suite clients obtain highly competitive positions. I am fluent in Spanish and have years of experience working with diverse client populations.
As the Senior Career Coach with Signature Careers, I put my clients first by empowering them to identify their strengths and potential skills through career coaching and career exploration. I use a Strengths-based approach, which allows clients to focus on their top talents and not their weakness.
I am excited to meet you and get to know your career needs and I look forward to having a great conversation!